Remit: Clean Timespan’s building
Reporting to: Front of House Line Manager
Salary: £6.90 per hour with an increase mid April to £7.50 per hour
Hours: 10.5 hours/week Summer opening, 3 hours/week Winter opening + extra hours for cleaning artist’s flat when required
Location: Timespan, Helmsdale
Main Responsibilities of the Post
- Provide a high quality cleaning service in Timespan’s building
- Tasks include vacuuming, mopping, dusting, emptying bins, and polishing surfaces.
- Dust/polish all surfaces including equipment in the upper and lower foyer, museum, archive workshop, gallery, and artist’s flat, including all exhibition spaces, stores, corridors, staircases and toilets. Vacuum carpets.
- In kitchen wipe all surfaces, sweep and mop the floors, clean sinks, taps, draining board and basins
- In the toilets clean each toilet wipe all surfaces, sweep and mop the floors, clean sinks, taps, draining board and basins
- Notify administration when materials are running low so that they can be ordered centrally
- Quality control in regards hygiene and safety in the workplace and in line with Timespan’s Environmental Policy
- Attending team meetings and other meetings, both internally and externally, as necessary;
- Taking reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others in the workplace in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Previous experience of cleaning, including the use of chemicals and using cleaning machinery safely
- Demonstrated reliability
The training and development plan tailored to the individual’s needs is updated as part of the annual appraisal. Timespan offers additional support and training opportunities on a regular basis.
Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV along with a letter detailing your suitability for the position, what experience you have had in the past that is relevant to this position and finally what is it about this position that interests you.
To discuss these posts further please call Caroline on 01431 821327 or email enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply by CV and supporting letter detailing your suitability for the position, what experience you have had in the past that is relevant to the position and finally what is it about this position that interests you, either to the above email or by paper copy to Timespan.
Closing date for applications: 19th February 2016
Interviews will be held on: 24th February 2016