Timespan is host to over 13,000 visitors a year and a large number of these visitors come to the River Cafe. We are looking for seasonal staff to work as Cafe Assistants in the River Cafe to offer these visitors excellent customer service and good locally prepared, locally sourced produce. Timespan and River Cafe are staffed by a small friendly team. If you are good with people, personable and friendly then you are just what we are looking for.
As Cafe Assistant you will:
- Taking customers’ orders
- Food preparation including home baking and soup making
- Hot drinks service
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensure that Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures.
Knowledge and Skills
- Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills
- Adaptable, whilst able to conform to Timespan’s procedures and operating procedures and rules
- Ability to establish strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintain professional image at all times
- Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to conclusion
- Ability to cook and bake from recipe and enjoyment of food and hospitality.
Applicants must hold an Elementary Food Hygiene Certificate or be willing to gain this qualification (funded by Timespan).
The ideal candidate will have a flexible approach and available to work Monday-Sunday on a rota basis. Additional hours will be available on an ad hoc basis.
This post is offered on a fixed term contract from end of March to the end of October. The remuneration is £6.90 per hour with an increase mid April to £7.50 per hour.
To discuss these posts further please call Rona on 01431 821327 or email email@example.com. Apply by CV and supporting letter detailing your suitability for the position, what experience you have had in the past that is relevant to the position and finally what is it about this position that interests you, either to the above email or by paper copy to Timespan.
Closing date for applications: 4 April 2016